- Popular Resistance Interview February 11, 2018
- Cities Race to the Bottom for Amazon January 18, 2018
- Black Alliance for Peace: AFRICOM the Invasion of Africa January 17, 2018
- President of the United States calls African countries "shithole" January 14, 2018
- Political Gingervitis: Episode 19-Margaret Kimberley and Dr. Tony Monteiro January 14, 2018
- French Elections: Le Pen and the Far Right, a Collapsed Center, and the Rise of a New Left? April 30, 2017
- CounterPunch Radio (Ep. 83) – David Swanson April 27, 2017
- Israel: Trauma, Oppression, and the Politics of a Fascist State April 24, 2017
- Robert Hunziker on CounterPunch Radio! April 4, 2017
- Trump, Fascism, and the American Psyche March 31, 2017
Dear Comrades and Friends,
Over the past few years, we've identified a trend in so called progressive media towards fewer informed community voices discussing community issues. In response to the steady decrease in the coverage of community issues, we offer this important forum. In the search for increased revenue, progressive, community media is in a rapid state of decline. Managers and local station boards have decided to abandon their commitment to serve all of its listeners in the narrow and often racist pursuit of a more "affluent" audience. Producers and hosts with organic links to community are being removed or pushed out of prime time locations to make way for well known celebrities, conspiracy theories and medical cure-alls. As a result, it is extremely difficult to find out what is happening around us. This failed policy has resulted in increased fund drives and a continued decline in revenue and audience. Come join concerned members of our community for the launching of Community Progressive Radio (CPR Metro), an internet alternative that puts community issues, community voices and community people in the forefront of the struggle for peace with justice.
Community Progressive Radio (CPRmetro) is a non-profit, community-based, multi-media organization created to remedy the lack of media attention devoted to critical issues affecting our lives. CPRmetro.org provides a forum for a wide range of topics in a constant attempt to expose the truth. We use all the media technology available to us to provide our diverse communities with a media organization that can be relied on to give voice to its interests. We hope to provide opportunities for training and teaching community residents the science and the art of media production. We also hope to offer local artists an opportunity to learn media skills that will allow them to present their works to a larger audience. CPRmetro.org provides an opportunity for listeners and supporters to learn and utilize media skills as we continue to construct a media organization serving community interests. We believe that communications technology should be used in the interest of the people, not corporations.