- Andrew Stewart: AT&T Picket Line at Providence Place Mall
- Dr. Tony Monteiro: The Moral Bankruptcy of Capitalism and the Black Radical Tradition as Socialist Alternative
- W.E.B. Du Bois: The Souls of White Folk
- Communist Party USA Organizer Manual
- Andrew Stewart: Neo-Nazis in Providence (UPDATED 3/27)
- Tip of the Day: The Unfair and Imbalanced Culture of Sexual Harassment at Fox News May 9, 2017By Julie Frechette Bill O’Reilly’s abrupt dismissal from Fox News in April serves as a long, hard fought victory for those who have called him out for his sexist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, and classist rhetoric. Over the past two decades, viewers of Fox News have been subjected to O’Reilly’s histrionic tirades against women, people of […]admin
- Fighting Fake News With Mickey Huff May 8, 2017This week, we present a speech delivered in April by the Project Censored Show’s co-host Mickey Huff. His topic was ‘fake news,’ and how to resist it. He spoke at Sonoma State University, as part of the campus’s annual Social Justice Week. Mickey Huff is director of Project Censored, co-host of the Project Censored radio program, […]admin
- The Project Censored Lecture Series – This event is FREE! May 3, 2017The Project Censored Lecture Series Hosted by Professor Mickey Huff Tuesday, May 9th, 6:30 P.M. Aqus Café 189 H Street Petaluma, CA This event is FREE! Dr. Peter Phillips of Sonoma State University and his Investigative Sociology Student Research Teams for Spring Semester 2017 Present Their Findings: On the Rental Housing Crisis in Sonoma County: Fair […]admin
- Orange Is The New Black, Black Lives Matter, and Project Censored Student Researchers May 1, 2017The program begins with a discussion of how TV depicts female inmates; is “Orange Is The New Black” a step forward in public understanding? Next, what’s happened to media coverage of the Black Lives Matter movement since Donald Trump took office? Finally on the program, three Project Censored student researchers at San Francisco State University […]admin
- War: Missing from Public Response to Trump, but Urgent May 1, 2017By Marc Pilisuk The US air strikes in Syria last week were conducted without Congressional authorization. They foreshadow a dangerous military escalation in the Syrian civil war and have no legal justification. The excuse was retaliation against the barbaric use of chemical weapons against innocent civilians authorized by Bashar Al-Assad. But the rush to retaliate […]admin
- The US Drone Warfare Program April 20, 2017Today’s show is devoted to the US drone warfare program, its consequences for targeted populations, and activists’ efforts to stop it. Selay Ghaffar with the Solidarity Party of Afghanistan joins in by phone from Kabul, and explains who the actual victims of drone strikes are. And three California peace activists (Toby Blome, Eleanor Levine and […]admin
- Citizenships and Censorships in a Digital World” as part of the 26th Annual Kenneth S. Devol First Amendment Forum at California State University, Northridge April 11, 2017Project Censored’s Andy Lee Roth will be giving a talk on “Citizenships and Censorships in a Digital World” as part of the 26th Annual Kenneth S. Devol First Amendment Forum at California State University, Northridge on Wednesday, April 12, 2017. This year’s Devol Forum—which examines the connections between government censorship and the right to be a […]admin
- The Pentagon Money Pit: $6.5 Trillion in Unaccountable Army Spending and No DoD Audit April 11, 2017According to a July 2016 Department of Defense Inspector General (DODIG) report, $6.5 trillion of Army Spending allocated to the Pentagon have no paper trail and no audit has been made by the Department of Defense (DOD) for the past two decades to resolve this issue. In other words, David Lindorff reported that “the Department […]admin
- You Have The Right To Remain Silent, Your Phone Does Not April 11, 2017On January 20, 2017, as Donald Trump was being sworn in as President of The United States protests were taking place a short distance away. Washington, D.C. Police arrested over 200 individuals and charged them under felony riot laws and took phones away as evidence. AlterNet’s Sarah Lazare, along with other news outlets cited in the […]admin
- Inmates and Activists Protest Use of Chemical Weapons in US Prisons and Jails April 11, 2017Daniel Moattar, writing for The Nation, and Sarah Lazare, a journalist at AlterNet, report how chemical weapons, including several types of tear gas, are being used against prisoners in the United States, despite the fact that the international Chemical Weapons Convention of 1997 bans their use in warfare. Despite the arms control treaty that now […]Vins
- Beyond Neoliberal Identity Politics
- Powder Keg: Manchester Terror Attack Could Lead to Yet Another Resurgence in Nationalist Hate
They acted fast. Hot on the news of the terrorist attack in Manchester, elements of ... Read More...
- When Peace is a Commodity: Trump in the Middle East
- The UK’s Epochal Election
- Lessons From a Modern Greek Tragedy
- A Concrete Agenda for Progressives
The party system in the US is based on a false dichotomy between Neo-classical and ... Read More...
- Australia-as-Concierge: the Need for a Change of Occupation
Albert Camus, the renowned French philosopher, author and journalist, frequently recounted the story of the ... Read More...
- Where Are Your Minds? An Open Letter to Thomas de Maiziere and the CDU
I am not sure if you realize what you have done, Herr de Maiziere, but your ... Read More...
- “Corporate Free” Candidates Move Up
Since 2004, members of the Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA) have won ten out of the ... Read More...
- Presidential Elections in Iran and the Outcomes
Although Iran’s citizens are hampered by a flawed political system in which elections continue to ... Read More...
- McDonalds workers have families – but can’t make enough to feed them May 24, 2017CHICAGO – A large crowd gathered May 23 outside the construction site in the West Loop where the new McDonald’s headquarters is set to be completed this upcoming year. The corporate giant has continuously thwarted employees in their demands for better working conditions and a livable wage. Organizations present at Tuesday’s action included: the Fight […]Michelle Zacarias
- “Species Native to California” updates Chekhov to the wine country May 24, 2017LOS ANGELES—Few types of grape found in the New World ever became commercially viable. The best known would be the Concord from New York State, source of the iconic, sugary Manischewitz brand. If California is now considered one of the premier wine-making regions in the world, it’s because the grape varieties that produce the sought-after […]Eric A. Gordon
- Trump pushes budget that crushes his own supporters May 24, 2017The populist promises of candidate Trump be damned, President Trump yesterday released details of his first budget, a plan that slams hardest the people who voted for him. Tossing aside his vow to shake up Washington, the President put out a budget that is based on the time worn and discredited ideology of right wingers […]John Wojcik
- First in Asia: Victory for marriage equality in Taiwan May 24, 2017The long and sustained efforts of tireless activists like Chi Chia-wei, who has been campaigning for gay rights since he first came out in 1975, have finally paid off in Taiwan. The country’s highest court made history today when it ruled that current laws defining marriage as being only between one man and one woman […]C.J. Atkins
- Trump picks Al Capone of vote rigging to probe voter fraud May 24, 2017Kris Kobach was spooning down vanilla ice cream when I showed him the thick pages of evidence documenting his detailed plan to rig the presidential election of 2016. The Secretary of State of Kansas, sucking up carbs at a Republican Party Fundraiser recognized the documents – and yelled at me, “YOU’RE A LIAR!” then ran for it […]Greg Palast
- South Africa: Communists convene broad front to halt country’s decline May 24, 2017The South African Communist Party (SACP) has entered a new chapter of its history by forming the beginnings of a broad front of progressive forces in an effort to rescue the National Democratic Revolution, the name given to the transformation of the country under the rule of the African National Congress (ANC) following apartheid. The […]Mark Waller
- Sergei Eisenstein’s debut film “Strike” (Stachka) to screen in L.A. May 23, 2017LOS ANGELES—The Los Angeles Workers Center and Hollywood Progressive co-present the revolutionary classic Strike. Before there was Battleship Potemkin Sergei Eisenstein directed his first feature-length film, 1925’s Strike/Stachka. One of the most stunning cinematic debuts in movie history, the 82-minute Strike brought the radical stage techniques of Vsevolod Meyerhold and the Proletcult Theatre to the […]Special to People’s World
- Manchester searches for survivors, perpetrators and answers May 23, 2017MANCHESTER, England – Investigators hunted Tuesday for possible accomplices of the suicide bomber who attacked an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester yesterday, killing 22 people and sparking a stampede of young concertgoers, some still wearing the American pop star’s trademark kitten ears and holding pink balloons. The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the Monday […]Associated Press
- Venezuela needs a helping hand, not a hammer blow May 23, 2017If you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. The United States has a big hammer: the military, plus the intelligence community’s covert intervention forces. So we are dropping bombs from drones in seven countries. Donald Trump goes to Saudi Arabia peddling arms and urging military cooperation. When North Korea acts up, he dispatches […]Jesse Jackson
- Trump Resistance movement takes aim at McDonald’s today May 23, 2017CHICAGO – On the heels of mass demonstrations against President Trump’s policies that have drawn hundreds of thousands of Americans into the streets, leaders of the Trump resistance movement will converge in Chicago May 23 with thousands of workers in the Fight for $15 for a “March on McDonald’s” that is expected to be the […]Special to People’s World
- SF Black Film Fest doc chronicles Atlantic City’s Madame of Black hair
by The People’s Minister of Information JR “Last hired, first fired” was a slogan that ... Read More...
- ‘Pass Interference: The Davone Bess story’ tackles mental illness in NFL at SF Black Film Fest
by The People’s Minister of Information JR The U.S. media machine makes the people that ... Read More...
- SF Sounds’ ‘Bring on the Bayview’ by Sarah Burchard greenlights white supremacist gentrification
Bayview Hunters Point residents respond with an open letter to writer Sarah Burchard by ... Read More...
- Colorism in the Black community is the subject of SF Black Film Fest-selected film, ‘Cream’
by The People’s Minister of Information JR Filmmaker Palesa Lebona “Cream” is a political and ... Read More...
- ‘#Victim 505’: Local filmmaker Antwon Rollins’ horror short selected for SF Black Film Fest
by The People’s Minister of Information JR Valrey Antwon Rollins “#Victim 505” is a short ... Read More...
- Suspense and drama encapsulate SF Black Film Fest pick ‘Live a Little’
by The People’s Minister of Information JR One of the best mystery films in the ... Read More...
- Governo que pedia unificação nacional é responsável agora por um país em chamas May 24, 2017Michel Temer decretou ação de garantia de lei e da ordem, e tropas federais cercaram o Planalto e o Itamaraty. The post Governo que pedia unificação nacional é responsável agora por um país em chamas appeared first on The Intercept.Ana Freitas
- Reações ao atentado após show de Ariana Grande mostram como antimuçulmanos são “idiotas úteis” para o ISIS May 24, 2017Os insultos da extrema-direita ao Islã e as exigências de repressão ajudam a aumentar a rixa entre os muçulmanos e as sociedades ocidentais em que vivem. The post Reações ao atentado após show de Ariana Grande mostram como antimuçulmanos são “idiotas úteis” para o ISIS appeared first on The Intercept.Anna Cardoso
- Veja todos os nomes relacionados ao Brasil no Malta Files May 24, 2017Empresários, nomes do mercado financeiro, médicos, arquitetos e profissionais liberais são sócios de empresas no país europeu. The post Veja todos os nomes relacionados ao Brasil no Malta Files appeared first on The Intercept.Andrew Fishman
- Ricardo Saud, “homem da mala” da Friboi, registrou empresa de jogo do bicho em Malta May 24, 2017Ele é um dos empresários da JBS que negociaram acordos de delação premiada com o Ministério Público. The post Ricardo Saud, “homem da mala” da Friboi, registrou empresa de jogo do bicho em Malta appeared first on The Intercept.Andrew Fishman
- Cortes em verba hospitalar e demolições na cracolândia mostram o que Doria entende por saúde pública May 24, 2017Prefeito trata questões de saúde pública como se fossem de segurança, manda cortar verbas hospitalares e congelou em 25% a receita da secretaria municipal. The post Cortes em verba hospitalar e demolições na cracolândia mostram o que Doria entende por saúde pública appeared first on The Intercept.Helena Borges
- DEA Lied to Congress About Deadly Raid That Killed Four Hondurans, Government Report Says May 24, 2017A report from the State and Justice departments confirmed what the DEA has long denied, that its forces killed four civilians in a drug raid on the Mosquito Coast of Honduras. The post DEA Lied to Congress About Deadly Raid That Killed Four Hondurans, Government Report Says appeared first on The Intercept.Mattathias Schwartz
- Lindsey Graham on Trump Ally Rodrigo Duterte: “This Is Not a Guy We Want to Empower” May 24, 2017Trump’s praise of Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte goes too far, says Republican foreign policy heavyweight Lindsey Graham. The post Lindsey Graham on Trump Ally Rodrigo Duterte: “This Is Not a Guy We Want to Empower” appeared first on The Intercept.Ryan Grim
- Reactions to Manchester Bombing Show How Anti-Muslim Bigots Are “Useful Idiots” for ISIS May 24, 2017Far-right insults to Islam, and demands for crackdowns, help drive a wedge between Muslims and the Western societies they live in. The post Reactions to Manchester Bombing Show How Anti-Muslim Bigots Are “Useful Idiots” for ISIS appeared first on The Intercept.Peter Maass
- Donald Trump’s Pick for EPA Enforcement Office Was a Lobbyist for Superfund Polluters May 24, 2017EPA administrator Scott Pruitt also named an unqualified banker who contributed to his campaigns to lead the Superfund Task Force. The post Donald Trump’s Pick for EPA Enforcement Office Was a Lobbyist for Superfund Polluters appeared first on The Intercept.Roger Hodge
- Intercepted Podcast: Donald Trump and His League of Extraordinary Despots May 24, 2017Donald Trump stood in a sea of tyrants, thugs, and dictators and joined in a bizarre group petting of a glowing white orb in Saudi Arabia. And he fit in just perfectly. The post Intercepted Podcast: Donald Trump and His League of Extraordinary Despots appeared first on The Intercept.Intercepted