- Dr. Tony Monteiro: The Moral Bankruptcy of Capitalism and the Black Radical Tradition as Socialist Alternative May 5, 2017
- W.E.B. Du Bois: The Souls of White Folk March 31, 2017
- Dr. Jill Stein: 11/27 Fireside Chat November 27, 2016
- Norman Finkelstein: On Free Speech and John Stuart Mill October 18, 2016
- RI Antiwar: America’s War for the Greater Middle East September 27, 2016
- How Disinformation Corrupts Democracy May 24, 2017
- Democrats' Formula for Losing Elections May 24, 2017
- Presstv Interview: US Supreme Court rejects 2 congressional district maps in North Carolina May 24, 2017
- Black Agenda Report and CPR News: No Tears for the FBI May 20, 2017
- Black Agenda Report and CPR News: Democratic Party Death Spiral May 12, 2017
- The Left/Right Challenge to the Failed “War on Drugs” May 24, 2017
- Schooling for Myths and Powerlessness May 16, 2017
- The Losing Warfare State May 11, 2017
- Consumer Advocate Ralph Nader Asks Why the Entire House Congressional Delegation from Connecticut Refuses to Sign HR 676 or Full Medicare for All Legislation May 4, 2017
- It’s About Bringing Your Congress Back Home, Citizens! May 2, 2017
- Remarks by Ralph Nader on the United Airlines Settlement with Dr. David Dao April 27, 2017
- Trump’s Hundred Days of Rage and Rapacity April 26, 2017
- What are the Super-Rich Democrats Waiting For? April 19, 2017
- The Savings and Stability of Public Banking April 11, 2017
- Self-Censored Questions by Career Questioners April 3, 2017
- The Afghans Are Coming!
"Afghan Shia Militias" have become to Syria what "African Mercenaries" were to Libya. ... Read More...
- Manchester Arena Attack: Amid the Horror, the Strength of an Incredible City Took Hold
The country and the city will continue to come together, united in their support for ... Read More...
- Jose Maria Sison: Duterte Regime Is Mixed Up and Vulnerable
President Duterte cannot be underestimated, the chief political consultant of the National Democratic Front of ... Read More...
- Brazil’s Economy: Canary in the Global Economy Coalmine?
The lessons of Brazil are the lessons of emerging market economies in general. ... Read More...
- Libya: Regime Change Disguised as a People’s Revolution
For the people of Libya, Gaddafi's overthrow has actually meant moving towards oppression and slavery ... Read More...
- Venezuela: A Threat to US Energy Hegemony?
A hardline sector of the opposition aligned with U.S. interests oppose the government’s policies of ... Read More...
- These Are the Three Achievements Trump Seeks in Saudi Arabia
Fighting terrorism, being successful where Obama failed and creating U.S. jobs top Trump's agenda in ... Read More...
- The US And the Judgment of History: Were Presidents Being Presidential?
Universal justice requires, by definition, universality. ... Read More...
- Resist OAS Plots Against Venezuela: PM Ralph Gonsalves
As we all know, this divide-and-rule tactic has always been a weapon in the arsenal ... Read More...
- Impeachment: It’s Political
If President Trump was removed from office, Vice President Mike Pence would be immediately sworn ... Read More...
- Instability and chaos in the Middle East are the axis of US-Israeli power politics May 23, 2017Nasir Khan, May 23, 2017 All those who are interested in understanding the quagmire of war, violence, the victimisation of Palestinians by Israel, rampant abuse of human rights, etc., in which the whole region of the Middle East is enmeshed will readily appreciate the soundness of the views of President Rouhani. What he says is […]Nasir Khan
- do you follow? May 23, 2017– ‘In literary matters, Ezra Pound advised against accepting the opinion of those “who haven’t themselves produced notable work,” and it is advice I have been privileged to follow’ – Seamus Heaney in his 1995 acceptance speech for the Nobel prize – Ezra Pound’s open support of Mussolini’s fascism mirrors Heidegger’s love-affair with Nazism – […]Huzaifa Zoomkawala
- Is shooting at Venezuelan cops “unconstitutional” or even a big deal? May 20, 2017A Miami Herald report entitled “In secret recording, Venezuelan general pushes for snipers to control demonstrators” only vaguely alludes to the fact that opposition protesters have been killing people. In the seventeenth paragraph of the story the Herald states “While it is not known where the gunfire originated that killed the four demonstrators on Monday […]Joe Emersberger
- The Moon Is A Harsh Grow-op May 15, 2017The Moon Is A Harsh Grow-op Rolf Auer, Friday 17 March 2017 Is the recorder on? It is? And the auto-transcript? Good. This a Diary Record of Moon Project Grow-op made 20 June 2075. My name is Sam Thundercloud. Joe? My name is Joe Deerchild. I help Sam run this Moon Grow-op. Sam here. Due […]Rolf Auer
- Speak! May 14, 2017speak! as the soul wins over the tranformative mixups, the brazen fouls, the unanticipations; speak! when the round etches wilt each hymn around the bell of winter, when the curbs & bevels mix unintended; speak! — “Because the machine will try to grind you into dust anyway, whether or not we speak. We can sit […]Huzaifa Zoomkawala
- Propaganda, Fake News, and Media Lies April 27, 2017Both PR and propaganda seek to change behaviors and ideas among the masses in support of the agendas of public and private institutions.Peter Phillips
- Averting Climate Chaos April 27, 2017The incredible rate of recent warming is largely due not to the usual suspect, carbon dioxide, but to the build-up of super-potent methane, which traps 80 to 100 times more heat in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide.Jim Warren
- What Really Happened in Syria? April 27, 2017The U.S. continues to use DU weapons in the region, at least in attacks on ISIS. Tomahawk missiles, a Raytheon profit center, have long been suspected of delivering a DU payload. So President Trump’s loosing of 59 Tomahawk missiles on Al Shayrat Airfield was answering a chemical weapons attack with a chemical weapons attack. And […]William Boardman
- The GOP in Sickness and Ill Health April 27, 2017Two days later, Trump was at it again, beating his chest and tweeting like a vengeful god who bruises easily, this time directing his tirades at the real villains—his fellow Republicans, right-wing think tanks and especially the roughly three dozen members of the so-called “Freedom Caucus,” the most extreme conservatives in the House.Bill Moyers
- Targeting Southern Sanctuary Cities April 27, 2017As the national debate around sanctuary cities has become increasingly fraught and political, the term “sanctuary” has largely lost its meaning and has come to be used or rejected by various actors for their own purposesAllie Yee
- U.S.-Made Famine April 27, 2017In 2016, the U.S. admitted 84,995 refugees, but Yemen, the poorest country in the Arab world, took in 117,000 new refugees and migrants in 2016, and hosts more than 255,000 refugees from SomaliaKathy Kelly
- Criminalizing Immigrants Belies The Facts April 27, 2017Despite Trump’s claims, “major law enforcement groups and leaders have argued that intensifying immigration enforce- ment interferes with public safety goalsBill Berkowitz
- Deconstruction of the State April 27, 2017When Donald Trump’s chief of staff Reince Priebus addressed the Conservative Political Action Committee in February, he identified two priorities of the administration: the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, and deregulationMarjorie Cohn
- Undermining Our Survival April 27, 2017As I mentioned, the policies being formulated and enacted are drawn from the playbook of the most reactionary fringe of the Republican establishment. The abject service to private wealth and power is accompanied with an authoritarian and fundamentalist program to transform U.S. societyNoam Chomsky
- Suppressing the UN Report On Israel’s Move Toward Apartheid April 27, 2017A UN commission report says that Israel practices apartheid against PalestiniansAllan C. Brownfeld
- The Right to Strike
According to an International Monetary Fund study of twenty advanced economies, union decline accounted for ... Read More...
- Expanding Global War on Backs of the American Poor
Let us begin by rejecting Trump’s budget and saying no more war on the backs ... Read More...
- The Effects of Greece’s Loss of Sovereignty
For the last several months, Greece's international creditors -- the European Union and the International ... Read More...
- Can “Corporate Free” Candidates Win?
Since 2004, members of the Richmond Progressive Alliance (RPA) have won ten out of the ... Read More...
- More U.S. Weapons for Yemen War
Donald Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia deepens a "toxic" tie between Washington and the House ... Read More...
- Boycott Trump
Can a Movement to Hurt the President Financially Change the Political Landscape? ... Read More...
- Venezuela: speaking up to say the truth
In various recent works, different analysts and observers of Latin American political life have reproached ... Read More...
- Authoritarianism in Venezuela?
A Reply to Gabriel Hetland ... Read More...
- “You Are Doing an Amazing Job”
Trump Called Rodrigo Duterte to Congratulate Him on His Murderous Drug War ... Read More...
- Trump about to mess up in Middle East?
There he was talking of the 'ultimate deal' between Israel and the Palestinians – as ... Read More...
- Trump's Rural Voters Fighting to Keep Their Land From a Growing Web of PipelinesEminent domain is often used by governments to gain right-of-way for projects such as highways or government buildings. But state and federal regulators who authorize pipeline projects also typically grant the private companies that are building them the right to use eminent domain to secure needed right-of-way.Stuart Leavenworth
- Factory Farms Put Climate at Risk, Experts Say in Urging Health Officials to Speak OutRoughly 200 experts in disciplines from nutrition to animal welfare are calling on the World Health Organization to take a more serious look at the impact of industrial livestock production on human health and the climate.Georgina Gustine
- The War on Chiropractic Must End to Improve Painkiller AddictionIn the U.S., painkiller addiction is so rampant that 91 Americans die every day from an overdose of prescription opioids or heroin. Prescription opioids such as oxycodone (OxyContin), hydrocodone (Vicodin), morphine and methadone are widely prescribed for pain relief.Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Fluoridated Water Destroys Your Brain and TeethIn the U.S., water fluoridation has been widespread for the last 70 years. Despite the fact that clear-cut evidence suggests consuming fluoride is dangerous to human health and does little to protect teeth from cavities, it continues to be supported and recommended by nearly all public health and academic institutions.Dr. Joseph Mercola
- How Cellphones Can Cause Brain Tumors and Trigger Chronic DiseaseWhile nearly everyone you know carries a cellphone, and probably has for a decade or more, it’s likely you don’t know anyone who has a brain tumor. Every year approximately 80,000 U.S. men, women and children are diagnosed with a brain tumor. In comparison, 787,000 people die each year from heart disease.Dr. Joseph Mercola
- Single-Payer Would Cost a Third of Current Health Care Costs per FamilyThe argument for single-payer health care is primarily moral. It’s just wrong to make anyone’s ability to get the health care they need dependent on their ability to pay. Still, even when we win the moral argument, we still have to figure out how to get the system up and running – and how to fund […]Robert Cruickshank
- McDonald's Workers and Trump Resistance to Jointly Declare: "This Greed Must End"The Golden Arches represent "the Donald Trump of corporations," activists and workers sayDeirdre Fulton
- New 'Blue Card' Proposal Would Protect Farmworkers from DeportationUndocumented farmworkers are the backbone of the United States’ agriculture industry, a situation that has long posed numerous challenges for these workers, their families, and employers.Elizabeth Grossman
- Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Is Your Home Making You Sick?Our modern lives are drenched in chemicals, some of which can mimic hormones in our body's endocrine system.Kylie Andrews and James Bullen
- As Bad as Trump Is, a President Pence and GOP Congress Could Enact a Nightmare Right-Wing AgendaThe entire Republican dream agenda would sail through Congress.Doug Henwood
- The Case Against Beans and Other Foods Containing Toxic LectinsLectins bind to carbohydrates and attach to cells that allow them to do harm, as part of the plant’s self-defense mechanism against pests. Unfortunately, some may also cause trouble in humansDr. Joseph Mercola
- Farming the World: China's Epic Race to Avoid a Food CrisisChina’s 1.4 billion people are building up an appetite that is changing the way the world grows and sells food. The Chinese diet is becoming more like that of the average American, forcing companies to scour the planet for everything from bacon to bananas.elijah
- How Rollbacks at Scott Pruitt's E.P.A. Are a Boon to Oil and GasIn a gas field here in Wyoming’s struggling energy corridor, nearly 2,000 miles from Washington, the Trump administration’s regulatory reversal is crowning an early champion.Hiroko Tabuchi and Eric Liptonmay
- Monarch Butterfles: The Problem with HerbicidesMonarch butterfly populations are shrinking. New research makes a strong case that the reasons for this decline go far beyond what's happening on the wintering grounds and addresses a current controversy about the primary causes of the specie's decline.Michigan State University
- Arctic Stronghold of World's Seeds Flooded After Permafrost MeltsNo seeds were lost but the ability of the rock vault to provide failsafe protection against all disasters is now threatened by climate changeDamian Carrington
- A Legislated Minimum Wage Inhibits Low-Income Entrepreneurship May 23, 2017There are many different arguments against the Minimum Wage. One less prominent criticism of the idea is the fact that it restricts entrepreneurship: especially from those with low incomes. It is worth conceptually exploring how this happens. To begin with, when a Minimum Wage is instituted, there are layoffs.Vishal Wilde
- Agorismo Egotistico May 23, 2017[Di Vikky Storm. Originale pubblicato su Center for a Stateless Society il 13 maggio 2017 con il titolo Egoist Agorism. Traduzione di Enrico Sanna.] “La libera competizione non è ‘libera’ perché a me mancano le cose che servono a fare competizione. Nessuna colpa mia, ma siccome non ho queste cose anche la mia persona è...Enrico Sanna
- The Weekly Libertarian Leftist Review 167 May 22, 2017David Vine discusses how the U.S. stations troops in nations with undemocratic govts. Liz Wolfe discusses the early release of Chelsea Manning. Katrina vanden Heuvel discusses why the U.S. should leave Afghanistan. Patrick Cockburn discusses Trump and a member of the Saudi royal family, and more.Natasha Petrova
- Le Chiudende dell’Acqua May 19, 2017[Di Kevin Carson. Originale pubblicato su Center for a Stateless Society il 14 maggio 2017 con il titolo Flint: Enclosure of the Water Commons. Traduzione di Enrico Sanna.] La crisi idrica della città di Flint è nuovamente sulle cronache nazionali. Dopo il diciannove maggio, oltre ottomila residenti potranno vedersi ipotecata la casa per bollette non...Enrico Sanna
- Understanding Richard Spencer’s Holodomor Denial May 18, 2017Richard Spencer is at the center of controversy again after his recent tweet denying that the Holodomor was an intentional genocide. This time, the controversy is not so much with the public at large (who have largely never heard the word), but within in his own white nationalist swamp.Logan Yershov
- Libera con 28 Anni di Anticipo May 18, 2017Chelsea Manning Può Finalmente Tornare a Casa [Di Liz Wolfe. Originale pubblicato su Center for a Stateless Society il 17 maggio 2017 con il titolo Freed 28 Years Early, Chelsea Manning Can Finally Go Home. Enrico Sanna.] Chelsea Manning è stata la prima a portare alla ribalta la figura di informatore di nuovo genere. Nel...Enrico Sanna
- Freed 28 Years Early, Chelsea Manning Can Finally Go Home May 17, 2017It’s difficult to know everything that goes on behind bars but trans activists and prisoners remind us that prison is often particularly cruel for them. Notable activist CeCe McDonald has spoken out on the way she was hyper-sexualized by guards and staff while serving time in a men’s prison. Others experience similar issues, like prison […]Liz Wolfe
- No Prison Could Ever Hold Chelsea Manning May 17, 2017In January 2010, Chelsea Manning began changing the world, and she never stopped. As a private in the US army, she saw the evil, the corruption, and the criminality of the institution she had enlisted to serve. To ignore this and do nothing would have only corrupted her, and so she did what she knew […]Ryan Calhoun
- Combating Hate: A Radical Leftist Guide to Gun Control (Part 5) May 16, 2017The subject of police — by far one of the biggest issues related to gun violence — is not tackled by modern gun control legislation. We can attempt to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals all we want. But until the state stops providing some of these criminals with special uniforms and […]Logan Marie Glitterbomb